What is ONU? How many types are there?
1. What is ONU?
ONU refers to optical network unit. It is the optical terminal device in the fiber access network, which provides users with multiple service interfaces. The network side of ONU is the optical interface. As for the user side, it's the electrical interface. Therefore, ONU can transmit optical signals into electrical signals and vice versa. Besides, it's capable of converting voice signals of D/A and A/D, reusing, processing signals and maintenance management.
Features of ONU:1. Triple Play Service: Providing data, IPTV (interactive Network TV), VOIP (using IAD, Integrated Access Device) and other services.
2. Receive broadcast data sent by OLT.
3. Collect and cache the Ethernet data that needs to be sent by users and send the data to OLT according to the allocated sending window.
4. Offer abundant remote management capabilities supported by OAM.
2. Where is ONU in FTTx?
According to the different positions of ONU, the access methods of FTTx with LAN can be divided into FTTC, FTTB, FTTH, etc.
- FTTC (Fiber To The Curb): ONU is placed in the central office of the community.
- FTTB (Fiber To The Building): ONU is set down in the junction box in the corridor.
- FTTN (fiber-to-the-node): ONU sits at the access point.
- FTTH (Fiber To The Home): ONU is located in the family users' house.
3. How many types of V-SOL ONU Routers are there?
According to the different applicable standards and publishers, there are three types of V-SOL ONU Routers: EPON ONU and GPON ONU, xPON. In line with the various functions and services, all kinds of ONU devices are provided to meet users' demands.
1. xPON ONU (Dual Mode)
4GE+1POTS+ac WiFi+USB ONU:
It adopts "MTK WiFi 5 chipset and USB 3.0. The speed can reach 1200Mbps. It also provides IPV4 and IPV6.
2. EPON ONU
1GE+1FE WiFi EPON ONU:
The transmission distance can range up to 20km. It's compliant with IEEE802.11b/g/n. The WiFi rates can reach up to 300Mbps.
3. GPON ONU
4FE Reverse PoE GPON ONU:
There are 4x10/100Mbps auto-adaptive Ethernet interfaces and 10/100M full/half RJ45 connectors. It supplies Reserve POE power from +12 to +24VDC.
What else products would you like to learn? Please comment below to let us know!