What is EPON (GEPON) ONU: Functions and Types
EPON ONU is a device that transforms the incoming optical signals of fiber optic passive components into electrical signals of electronics or terminals at the customer’s premises with the aim of providing telecommunication services over an optical fiber network with the EPON standard.
Types of V-SOL EPON ONU
According to the functions of the ONU devices, V-SOL EPON ONU includes WiFi ONU, PoE ONU, CATV ONU, etc.
V2802EW: 1GE+1FE WiFi EPON ONU
Here are the WiFi specifications of EPON ONU:
● Compliant with IEEE802.11b/g/n
● Operating frequency: 2.400-2.4835GHz
● Support MIMO, rate up to 300Mbps
● 2T2R, 2 external antenna 5dBi
● Support multiple SSID
● Modulation type: DSSS, CCK and OFDM
● Encoding scheme: BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM and 64QAM
The reverse PoE EPON ONU router is powered by the power sourcing equipment (PSE) deployed in the customer's premise which can be adopted in places where there is no AC power supply.