FTTH Network: Application of GEPON Outdoor Reverse PoE ONU
In order to meet the development demands of broadband, nowadays many operators prefer deploying fiber to cable networks. However, it's difficult to access electricity for ONU devices in corridors or outdoor when applying FTTB/FTTH. It's a tricky problem in carrying out PON solutions under some special occasions such as when renewing the old residentials, the power supply and backup is hard on many occasions and the power is extremely unstable in the corridors, which results in high ONU equipment failure, late maintenance, bad user experience.
For this problem, V-SOL has developed the outdoor reverse PoE ONU that can access power with PSE in terminal users' houses.
PoE (Power over Ethernet) is a technology that can not only transmit data signals for some terminals based on IP such as VOIP telephone, wireless AP and IP camera but also supply AC power for these devices. PoE is also called POL (Power over LAN) or Active Ethernet.
1. Why choose outdoor reverse PoE ONU?
Main problems that PoE (PD) ONU can solve:
① Difficult to access the electricity in corridor and outdoor
② Users pay for the electricity, which saves operators' costs.
2. Application of outdoor reverse PoE ONU
Here is the application of V-SOL of the V280xPD series outdoor reverse PoE ONU.
As we can see, OLT upstream connects to the core network or switch and downstream the optical splitter. Shown by the frame, there are three branches issuing from the splitter, which means 3 applications with different ONT/ONU placed on different occasions. The OLT, passive optical splitter and ONU consist of Passive Optical Network (PON).
Features of V-SOL outdoor reverse PoE ONU:
- When pressing the RST button for over 3 seconds, ONU will restart and recover from the factory default settings.
- Due to the devices being water-proof, they can be installed on outdoor walls, posts and other places.
- The routers are easy to install and maintain, the applicable temperature range is broad.
- Low power consumption, mute, high stability, environment friendly and energy conservation.
- Plug and Play. Automatic detection, automatic configuration and automatic firmware upgrade.